Zingers From Many Sources
101. Thus we have seen Him, cried the prophet, and we have not recognized
102. He gives Paradise, in return for a cup of cold water given by one
poor man to another.
103. Like a weapon dangerous to wield, a two edged sword
wounds the man who does not
how to use it.
The devil is wide awake, on the look out for his anticipated prey.
day comes when the soul senses danger. The Guardian Angel has something to
registered a protest.
106. A person without a mental prayer is not good for
anything. It is merely the life of an
you do not practice mental prayer, you don't need the devil to throw you into
hell, you throw
there of your own accord. (St.Teresa)
108. The greatest of all sinners, if
he practices mental prayer for only 15 minutes a day will
converted. If he
perseveres in it, his eternal salvation is assured. (St. Teresa)
medicine can be turned into a poison.
110. If the door of the heart is only
slightly ajar, Jesus cannot get in.
111. Fear Jesus just passing by, and not returning.
112. The sensual man
perceives not, the things that are of the Spirit of GOD.
113. The activity
of GOD in the souls of the perfect is something quite different from His
the souls of
114. A Saint depends so completely on Christ for all things, that
he seems no longer to live
115. It is
more difficult to live well, when one has care of souls, on account of the
116. A serious examination of your conscience will reveal
the weak points.
117. To foresee a danger is half the battle to avoid it.
118. We can do absolutely nothing without grace.
119. The sword of the
Spirit is the word of GOD.
120. Outside of Christ, I am powerlessness
itself. (St. Jerome)
121. O Jesus, in Thee alone dwells all my strength. (St. Gregory Nazianzen)
122. Love is strong as death. (CANT 8:6)
123. I have suffered the loss
of all things and counted them but as dung that I may gain
124. I want
to belong to thee alone.
125. When I am weak, then I am powerful. (2COR
126. The mind and the will are strengthened by the interior life,
because love is strengthened.
127. Only a burning and unchangeable love is
capable of filling a whole life with sunlight.
128. What hours of sadness,
gloom, and anxiety, awaits he who has not the conviction that he
loved by Christ.
The Sacrament of love must be the Sacrament of joy.
130. The life of prayer
is the one big happiness on this earth.
131. If He did not have a human soul, then why did he say at Gethsemane, "My
Soul is sorrowful
death?" (MT 26:38)
132. There was no human person on the cross.
human race was tested and fell in one man, the representative man.
Angelic race could not be tested in an individual Angel, for there is no Angelic
135. Whatever GOD has, He is.
136. GOD loves with infinite loving
power, no loss possible, no increase conceivable.
137. GOD can do all
things, but self contradiction is not a thing.
138. Like Pastor, like
139. When GOD desires a work to be wholly from His hand, He reduces
all to impotence
nothingness, and then He
140. Nothing wounds GOD so much as pride.
141. When GOD sees a lack of selflessness which His glory demands from a
secondary causes to go to work, and the building soon comes
storms come if they will. The secondary cause which produced them is of no
143. The heart of an interior soul, stands in the middle of
humiliations and sufferings, like a rock
the midst of the sea.
(Cure' of Ars)
144. My GOD, here I am before You, poor, little, stripped of
145. Here I am at Your feet, sunk in the depths of my own
146. I wish I had something to offer You, but I am nothing but
147. You are my owner, I am Your property. (144-147, General
148. A tireless bee sets about joyfully building up new honeycombs
in his plundered hive.
149. If spiritual starvation is to be relieved, it
must be largely the work of the laity, who are in
contact with starvation
150. A spirit has no shape, has no size, has no color, has no
weight, and does not occupy space.
is the best definition of
nothing I have ever heard. Frank Sheed
151. The direct power the human mind has over its own body, mightier spirits
have over all matter.
152. Space is what matter spreads its parts in. (F.J.
153. Either there is a teacher now teaching upon earth, guaranteed by
Christ, as the Apostles
or there is no
possibility of knowing the truth which He saw to be so essential.
teaching given by the great mass of Bishops of the world, is certainly true.
155. Only two Popes in the last four hundred years have been canonized.
156. The will of GOD is absolute.
157. The holiness of the Church is not
the sum total of the holiness of its members.
158. For the Church, there is
no growth in holiness and no diminishing.
159. The wetness of rain is not
measured by the wetness of those who venture out in it.
160. The Church is
holy because it is Christ living on in the world.
161. The holiness of the Church is the cause of holiness in its members.
162. Every act of Our Lord, whether in the divine nature or the human, was
the act of the person
163. It is the function, the duty, of a person to utter his nature.
164. The supreme truth about the Savior, for which the chosen people were
He was GOD.
165. For the intellect, the knowing power, imagination is a
166. The imagination can be a good thing. It is the
picture power, by which we can
seen, sounds heard, textures touched, tastes.
167. Too often, the
imagination is a master, substituting its pictures for the hard effort the
should be making.
168. All spiritual beings need GOD.
169. Deprived of GOD, a spirit knows
torment and cannot die.
170. Deprived of air, food, and drink, the body
knows torment and dies.
171. Conscience is the practical moral judgment of the intellect.
Maker told us what He made us for, to come to the fullest development of our
powers in total union
173. When the world ends, all human souls, saved, or lost, will be
reunited with their bodies.
174. The souls in Heaven see the divine essence
with an intuitive face-to-face vision.
(Pope Benedict XII)
175. The world will end when some goal has been attained by the human race.
176. Death is the separation of the soul from the body.
177. Love is
a decision and not a feeling.
178. Humans only, link the spiritual and
179. The fish, ICTHOS in Greek, was used as a symbol of
early Christianity. ICTHOS is
capital letters of 'Jesus
Christ, Son of GOD'.
180. The Bible is the product of the Church, not
181. The Church existed for many years before the Bible.
Bibles have seven fewer books than Catholic Bibles.
183. The devil was
created as an Angel.
184. Time is a measure of change.
185. The Lord
chastises those whom He loves.
186. The more the Lord loves prayerful
people, and the higher He wishes to raise them, the
the hardships they
187. You will not reach lofty, infused prayer, without
suffering much and well.
188. If you suffer great trials, you will enjoy
great favors too. (St. Teresa)
189. Love is the measure of our ability to
bear crosses. (St. Teresa)
190. Saints have the knack for penetrating into
the depths of Scripture that are denied to the
191. The Saints grasp the revealed message because they are filled with the same
Holy Spirit that
the message and its meaning.
192. We must die with Him if we are to rise
193. Christian communion is entirely a love matter wrapped up with
194. Live quietly and mind your own business. (St Paul)
If in conversation, no effort is made to make it a fruitful one, it should be
brought to a
196. It is very important that those who visit us, leave with some
benefit, and not having
time, and that we
benefit too. (St. Teresa)
197. If visitors are not the kind who find their
satisfaction in speaking about the things of GOD,
should be seen seldom,
and the visit kept short.
198. I often reflect, my Lord, that if there is
something in life by which I can endure being
from You, it is
solitude. (St. Teresa)
199. A person can't understand the indwelling mystery
and fully realize Who is present within,
he closes his eyes to
the vanities of this world.
200. Were St. Teresa with us in this century,
she would no doubt specify a drastic reduction in
exposure to the mass
media, especially TV, radio, and film.
Return to HomePage